The spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) across the United States has left many people with questions about health insurance coverage. Here is some information from member and licensed Healthmarkets Insurance Agent, Pam Deaton.
Small business owners with at least one employee other than themselves
– Small group health insurance premiums are typically 30% lower and offer more coverage
options. If you own a business with less than 50 employees and still have individual
health insurance, talk to a licensed agent about small group coverage. This will help you
save time and money now.
– With small group health insurance you have more choices; more carriers, richer benefits.
– Small group plans allow you to enroll in coverage now, no waiting until November for you
and/or your employees to get health benefits.
Late pays and COVID-19 coverage
– Many health insurance carriers in Illinois are allowing longer grace periods for group,
individual plans and medicare. Typical grace periods range from 30-90 days depending
on the company. We encourage you to reach out to your insurance company for details,
do not let your plan lapse during these times; call them, they want to work with you on
paying your premiums.
– Most health insurance carriers are also covering COVID-19 testing and treatment, but
please check with your insurance company or call a licensed agent that can help get you
the information you need.
We hope everyone is staying happy and healthy. If you have any questions or concerns
regarding health benefits, please contact our office any time.
Healthmarkets – Pamela S. Deaton
405 W. Front St., Suite A Bloomington, IL 61701